Tuesday, October 8, 2013

So close yet so far !



Ambition, what does that means to you guys ? Perhaps dreams, career, life or even just plain family request ! For me, it is always my dreams. Why ? For me without a dream, there won't be wright brothers and they won't be flying machines flying millions of people every single day around the globe !

A lot of my friends might thought my dreams will be becoming a pilot and fly people around the world in airliner right ? Let me make this thing clear, yes it is my dream to be a pilot but it never ever ends there, my ultimate goal since I was 12 years old and still holding strong is to be an Astronaut :)



Yes, an Astronaut ! Yup those spacewalkers in heavy bulky suit that explore the unknown world from humans sense of curiosity ! It might sound impossible at first in a country that is just started to develop less than 20 years ago, but it all came to alive when our country's first astronaut, Datuk Sheikh Mudzaffar rocketed to space in Soyuz capsule under Russian's expertise to the international space station (ISS) that is orbiting just around the low orbit of earth. Everything just started to make sense ever since for a young Malaysian like me :)

You might feel how come I started out as pilot and I'm gonna jump to astronaut career ? Is that even possible ? For your info, most of the space endeavours out there are actually test pilots of aircrafts as their pass career ! Space and sky came very close in term of knowledge and also skills, that's the reason why this even possible at the first place. But of course, an astronaut need a set of special skills to actually perform a series of experiments to be carried out there for research purpose. For more info, just head to NASA website somewhere out there to check it out :)

Recently I really came close to realizing my this dream ! AXE astronaut competition, organized by a man's perfume company, started to recruit people in their website and started a voting competition to be the 2nd astronaut of Malaysia to outer space. Of course without hesitation, I joined and manage to position myself in 15 highest voted person. It might sounded easy, trust me it's not. We as participants are required to prepare a resume kinda stuff to be included in the voting system for people to look through our profile. 


D'day ! I received an email from AXE saying that I've been selected to undergo a final evaluation at KL to be selected as the representative of Malaysia to Orlando, USA space camp training to be sent off to space. My heart literally stopped and I was overwhelmed with excitement. I replied the email and of course waited the next few days for them to call me. One day when I was flying, I received a call from and unknown KL number. But I can't really pick it up, because it is almost impossible for them to hear me in such a loud engine noise from the aircraft I'm flying ! Once I landed I decided to call back, but to my disappointment it was one way number. Well didn't thought that was the only call I missed that caused me to cry for the night when I found out that they have already select the candidates without me in :(

Well, I manage to find myself back after few days when thinking back what a wise person told me, be the best in what you are with what you have ! A simple sentence that woke me up from despair, disappointments and sorrow ! Thank you ! Without your advice seriously I don't think I will get thru this so easily. Sometime seriously ah, you sound like elder than me leh you know or not ? That's the reason I like to talk to you HAHAHAHAHA ! But hor, don't be so stressed with your own philosophy la girl, I know you want to be the best but ermm chill la, like Pilots always say :)

Dedicated this post for dearest Ms. Fang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment